Welcome to UW-Barron County from Dean Yohnk . . .
Greetings and welcome to the “electronic gateway” for UW-Barron County, northwestern Wisconsin’s UW College of excellence, access, and opportunity! Thank you for visiting and exploring our website. We think you’ll like what you discover here!
On behalf of our students, faculty, and staff, I urge you to follow up your “virtual visit” with an onsite visit to our beautiful wooded campus on the banks of the Red Cedar River in the thriving City of Rice Lake.
As many of our current 600 full and part-time students and hundreds of successful alumni have discovered, UW-Barron County is indeed “The U for You” if you’re looking for an exceptional, affordable, flexible, accessible, and transferrable Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
UW-Barron County offers you all of the benefits of a small liberal arts college experience in addition to all of the advantages of achieving a high-quality and affordable degree from the prestigious University of Wisconsin.
What makes UW-Barron County so distinctive and successful? As northwestern Wisconsin’s UW College campus, UW-Barron County offers you . . .
- High-quality and challenging collegiate classes taught by dedicated professors, 88% of whom possess the highest degrees in their disciplines, who are genuinely focused on teaching and the success of every student . . .
- The Associate of Arts and Science Degree, grounded in a proven liberal arts curriculum with disciplinary emphasis areas available, which satisfies your general education requirements for the UW System and prepares you to pursue over 200 bachelor’s degree programs . . .
- The ability to complete up to 14 different bachelor’s degrees locally, including UW-Barron County’s own innovative Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree, through our academic collaborations with other UW campuses, including UW-Stout, UW-Superior, UW-Platteville, and UW-Milwaukee . . .
- The lowest tuition in the celebrated University of Wisconsin system (You can save up to $20,000 in tuition, living expenses, books, and fees in your first two years!) and many attractive financial aid programs and scholarships available to our students . . .
- Guaranteed transfer and admission to any UW campus (including UW-Madison) or to public and private schools across the nation for qualifying students . . .
- Small classes (16:1 student:faculty ratio!) providing valuable personal attention and guidance from your professors and academic advisors who focus on the individual learning needs and goals of each student . . .
- Flexible “fast-track,” on-line, and competency-based “Flex Option” courses and degree options available to meet the unique needs and expectations of our diverse students . . .
- Easy access to practical professional internship and service learning opportunities with area businesses and non-profit organizations to better prepare you for the next steps in your education and career . . .
- Six beautiful campus buildings, including new state-of-the art science and technology labs and a spacious “Commons” that serves as the “hub” of the campus . . .
- New apartment-style student housing near the campus for students who wish to have the convenience and experience of living nearby with fellow classmates . . .
- Over 20 active student clubs and organizations (with new ones forming regularly!) to keep you active and engaged with all aspects of campus life and culture . . .
The Bottom Line: UW-Barron County is truly northwestern Wisconsin’s UW campus of excellence, innovation, access, affordability, and opportunity. Our goal is for each and every student who chooses UW-Barron County to succeed as a well-rounded life-long learner who is prepared to excel as a person and as a professional in their chosen career. Our efforts are truly focused on helping YOU achieve your educational, career, and personal goals and aspirations.
At UW-Barron County it is our sincere promise to give you “the best start for the life you want!” Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to learn more about why UW-Barron County may be the best “U for You!”
Want to learn more?
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Student Services professionals at 715-234-8176, ext. 1. If you’d like to discuss UW-Barron County with me directly, feel free to call me at 715.234.8176, ext. 5427, or email me at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Dr. Dean Yohnk, Ph.D.
Dean and Campus Executive Officer (CEO)