The Business Office, located in The Commons, functions as the financial hub of the campus in its service to students, faculty and staff. Most students interact with the Business Office each semester as they pay tuition and pay fines. Business Office staff work with members of student government to determine the budgeting of segregated fees paid by students. In addition, they conduct all transactions related to purchasing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable at the university.
The Business Office is available to serve students from 8am to 4:30pm, Mondays through Fridays. Summer hours may vary, please call (715) 234-8176 ext. 5400 or 5401.
Assistant Campus Dean for Administrative Services
(715) 234-8176 ext. 5405
Financial Specialist 3
(715) 234-8176 ext. 5401
Office Operations Associate
(715) 234-8176 ext. 5400
Tuition & Fees
For information on tuition, fees, due dates and payment options, please visit the Tuition & Fees page.
The Business Office accepts payments in the forms of check, cash, or money order. Any student whose account goes into default will be responsible for all collection costs associated with the collection of the past due amount. Past due accounts are turned over to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and may affect future state tax refunds.
Please read Important Financial Notice to Students.
Additional Fees at UW-BC
- Some courses require special course fees and/or the purchase of lab manuals or supplies.
- Placement test and orientation fees ($75 total fall semester; $50 total spring semester) will be automatically added for new, degree-seeking, freshman students. There is a $25.00 orientation fee for transfer students.
The following fees apply for students who wish only to audit UW-Barron County courses. The audit fees for the 2012-2013 academic year are:
- Wisconsin Residents Under Age 60: $67.33 per credit
- Minnesota Reciprocity Audit: $67.33 per credit
- Wisconsin Residents Age 60 and Older: $8.33 per credit. Such residents do not need to pay auditing fees; they need only pay the textbook rental fee.
- Non-Residents: $252.33 per credit
The Business Office is also the place for students to buy course materials such as lab manuals, workbooks, required readings, etc. Credit cards are accepted for these purchases only.