Anyone who has completed courses at another college or university following high school is considered a transfer applicant.

Transferring to UW-Barron County

Admission is simple - submit the following to the Student Affairs Office:

  • The University of Wisconsin System online application for admission.
  • The $44 application fee (waived for students who have attended another UW Colleges campus).
  • Official transcript from college attended.
  • Official high school transcripts or HSED/GED record of completion.
Admission Qualifications
  • If you maintained a 'C' average or higher (2.00 on a 4.00 scale) at your previous college(s), you are likely to be admitted.
  • Students who wish to transfer to UW-Barron County must be in good academic standing at their previous institution (at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average in the most recent term). Students denied admission based on their previous academic record, who apply in a timely manner, may appeal their admission status to the campus Academic Actions Committee. Please contact the Student Affairs Office for information on the academic appeals process.
  • If you are admitted and had less than a 2.0 semester or cumulative GPA, the UW Colleges regulations (probation, suspended standards) will be used to determine your probation status.

Information for WI Technical College students wishing to attend UW-Barron County.

Transferring from UW-Barron County

Guaranteed Transfer Program

You can begin your education as a freshman at UW-Barron County and be "guaranteed" admission to another UW System institution as a junior by participating in the UW Colleges Guaranteed Transfer Program.

More information for students transferring from UW-Barron County to another school

Financial Aid and Transferring

Financial Aid doesn’t directly transfer between schools. Each institution creates an award package based on the Cost of Attendance of the institution, a student’s Expected Family Contribution, and the aid available at the school.

In order to receive aid from another institution students must release the FAFSA information to the new school by adding the institution’s school code to their FAFSA.

Adding a school code to a FAFSA

  1. Log in to your FAFSA at and click on the “School Selection” Tab at the top of the page.
  2. Search for the school or enter the Federal School Code to locate the school. UW Colleges School Code: 003897
  3. Check the box next to the school and click “Add”. Click “next” at the bottom of the page.
  4. Choose your housing plans for that school from the dropdown. Click “next” at the bottom of the page.
  5. Go to the “Sign & Submit” tab at the top of the page. Enter your PIN to sign the form and click “Sign”.
  6. Click “Submit My FAFSA NOW” at the bottom of the page.