Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that enables students, faculty, and staff to borrow materials not owned by UW-Barron County from other libraries. Before making a request always check Search@UW to see if we already own the item. All correspondence, from the Interlibrary Loan office, will be sent to your official UW-Barron County e-mail account.
From another UW Two-Year or Four-Year Campus
- Go to Search@UW, which contains the library records of all UW System Libraries.
- If you find an item you would like and it is located on another campus, click on the title to bring up the item record, then simply click "Find & Request" and click "You must sign-in in order to place requests."
- Choose "UW Colleges students/staff login here" and log in using your PRISM username and password.
- Select a copy from the first drop-down menu.
- It's very important to select UW-Barron County as the pick up location.
- Click "Submit Request." You will be sent an email confirming your request and the item should arrive in 3-5 days.
- See our quick guide for more information.
Outside the UW System / Traditional Interlibrary loan (ILLiad)
ILLIad is a system you can use to request items, including journal articles, that are not available at UW-Barron County or in the UW System. ILLiad also allows you to track and renew your requests. All UW-Barron County students, faculty and staff have an ILLiad account (click on the ILLiad link to get started). We are able to fill requests for most materials that are owned by other libraries in the state. The amount of time it takes to receive materials from other libraries varies, but most items are received within one week. ILL materials may be picked up at the library and are due back within two weeks. Many journal articles are delivered electronically and may be viewed, printed, or downloaded using ILLiad. There is no charge for this service. Please talk to a librarian to get more information or to place a request.
How to request articles not at UW-Barron County
You should not have to pay for any articles you find. If an article is not full text within a database look for the "Find It" button. Clicking this button will search to see if the article is full text in another resource or you can request it via Interlibrary Loan. You will need your PRISM username and password to make a request. It takes about a week perhaps less if it's a widely owned publication.